The girl chose this fabric out of my scrap bin for a new dress for her Liv fashion doll, Alexia. I decided to try shirring the top since I’ve never done shirring before. I couldn’t find the elastic thread anywhere so I ended up couching a line of zigzag over cord elastic. That worked out okay but it’s a little heavy at doll size. I also used the black elastic cord for the doubled shoulder straps which makes it easy to put the dress on the doll.
Next to Alexia is Roger (named by the boy), who is sadly still wearing the polyester duds he came with. The manufacturer didn’t even give him shoes, poor guy. I think sandals are in order for both dolls.
These dolls are often better dressed than their human lookalikes!
I love the way you got the flower dead center on Alexia’s Shirred top, and the little rolled hem is so neatly done.
I’ll probably succumb and get a cord sewing presser foot to help with any shirring I’ll do. It does look very difficult!
Comments are now closed.