So I’ve got to buy some new batteries before I can take any pictures but I’ll let you know what I’ve been up to anyway.
- WIP: A little knitting with some of my own handspun!
- My first Etsy listing: two sister skirts for a friend’s daughters, this is going to turn into three, one for the mom as well.
- A skirt for me out of a really soft rayon jacquard woven scarf, from Nepal I think. I never wore it as a scarf so I decided it needed a new home or a new incarnation. Definitely more wearable as a skirt.
- A trial pair of knit shorts for me to test a new Mom skort pattern I am working on. Needs a little more tweaking but will work for pajamas.
- More Sculpey projects than you want to know about or I want to remember.
- A little amigurumi nutkin combining crochet and knitting made from my own hand-spindled yarn. Appropriate since “ami” in Japanese can actually refer to either skill even though the compound word, amigurumi, has generally come to mean cute animals or objects made with single crochet in the round.
In other news, the girl is finally interested in learning to spell her name. I dropped the garden snips point down into my foot, earning myself a tetanus shot and a round of antibiotics. Next time I’ll wear different shoes.